In today’s digital world, DNS errors can be a frustrating obstacle to overcome. If you’re a Windows 10 user experiencing a “DNS address could not be found” message, this article provides a simple fix to help you get back online.
Understanding the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
The DNS Address Could Not Be Found error typically occurs when a user tries to access a website, but their computer or device is unable to connect to the website’s DNS server. This error is common in Windows 10 and can be caused by a variety of factors, including problems with the user’s internet connection or issues with their DNS settings.
To resolve this error, users can try resetting their router, clearing their browser cache, or changing their DNS settings. Additionally, users can try using a different browser or disabling any antivirus or firewall software that may be blocking their internet connection. By taking these steps, users can fix the DNS Address Could Not Be Found error and access the websites they need.
Possible Causes of the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
- Incorrect DNS settings
- Malware or virus infection
- Firewall or antivirus software blocking connection
- Problem with the router or modem
- Issues with the browser cache or cookies
- Outdated network drivers
DNS Address Could Not Be Found Fix for Windows 10:
- Check DNS settings
- Open Control Panel and go to Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Change adapter settings and select the network connection you are using
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties
- Make sure the Obtain DNS server address automatically option is selected
- If not, select it and click OK
- Open your antivirus software and run a full system scan
- If you don’t have antivirus software, download and install one
- Restart your computer and try accessing the website again
- Open the firewall or antivirus software
- Disable the software temporarily
- Try accessing the website again
- If it works, add the website to the software’s exception list
- Unplug the router or modem from the power source
- Wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in
- Wait for the lights to stabilize and try accessing the website again
- Open your browser
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete
- Select the time range and checkboxes for cache and cookies
- Click Clear data
- Restart the browser and try accessing the website again
- Open Device Manager
- Expand the Network adapters category
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Update driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver
- Restart your computer and try accessing the website again
Quick Fixes for the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
- Make sure your Wi-Fi router is turned on and connected to the internet.
- Restart your modem and router.
- Check if other websites are loading correctly.
- Disable any VPN or proxy settings.
Method 2: Clear Your DNS Cache
- Open the command prompt by pressing Win+R and typing cmd.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Wait for the confirmation message.
- Restart your computer.
Method 3: Change Your DNS Server
- Open the Control Panel and click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter one of the following DNS server addresses: 188.8.131.52 or 184.108.40.206.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Method 4: Disable Your Antivirus or Firewall Settings
- Open your antivirus or firewall settings.
- Disable the settings temporarily.
- Try accessing the website again.
- If the website loads, add the website to your antivirus or firewall’s whitelist.
Method 5: Update Your Browser
- Open your browser settings.
- Click on Help or About.
- Check for updates and install them.
- Restart your browser.
Advanced Methods to Fix the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
If you’ve tried the basic methods to fix the “DNS Address Could Not Be Found” error on Windows 10 and still experience the issue, don’t worry. There are advanced methods you can try to eliminate the problem.
One of the methods is to reset the TCP/IP stack, which involves using the Command Prompt to execute a series of commands. Another method is to flush the DNS resolver cache, which involves clearing any corrupt or outdated DNS cache entries.
You can also try changing the DNS server settings in your network adapter properties and disable any proxy settings that may be causing the issue.
Remember to restart your computer after trying each method to see if the problem is resolved. If the issue persists, consider seeking help from a professional.
Preventing the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error in the Future
Preventing the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
To prevent the DNS Address Could Not Be Found error from occurring in the future, there are a few steps you can take. Firstly, ensure that your internet connection is stable and strong. Secondly, clear your browser cache and cookies regularly to prevent any conflicts. Thirdly, disable any unnecessary browser extensions or add-ons that could be interfering with your browsing experience. Lastly, ensure that your computer’s DNS settings are set to automatically obtain an IP address and DNS server address. Following these steps can help prevent the DNS Address Could Not Be Found error from happening in the future.
When to Seek Professional Help for the DNS Address Could Not Be Found Error
If you have tried all the solutions to fix the “DNS address could not be found” error in Windows 10 and it still persists, it may be time to seek professional help. This error can be caused by a variety of issues, including DNS server problems, malware infections, and network connectivity problems. A professional technician can diagnose the root cause of the error and provide a tailored solution to fix it.
Additionally, if you are not comfortable making changes to your computer’s settings or have limited technical knowledge, seeking professional help may be the best option. A technician can ensure that the necessary changes are made correctly and provide guidance on how to prevent the error from occurring in the future.
Overall, if the “DNS address could not be found” error persists despite your best efforts, it is recommended to seek professional help to ensure a quick and effective resolution.