Have you ever experienced your mouse cursor disappearing on your computer screen? It can be frustrating and make it difficult to navigate your device. In this article, we will explore solutions for fixing this issue on both Windows and Mac systems.
Try pressing the “F5” key to refresh the screen and see if the cursor reappears.
Successfully Troubleshooting Mouse Cursor Disappearance
|Operating System||Cause of Disappearing Cursor||Steps to Fix|
|Windows||Mouse pointer settings||1. Open Control Panel
2. Click on Mouse
3. Click on Pointer Options tab
4. Uncheck “Hide pointer while typing” option
5. Click Apply and OK
|Windows||Outdated or corrupt mouse driver||1. Open Device Manager
2. Expand Mice and other pointing devices
3. Right-click on your mouse device
4. Click on Update driver
5. Follow the on-screen instructions
|Mac||Third-party app conflict||1. Open Activity Monitor
2. Quit any third-party apps that may be causing the issue
3. Restart your Mac
|Mac||Incorrect settings||1. Open System Preferences
2. Click on Accessibility
3. Click on Display
4. Check the “Shake mouse pointer to locate” option
5. Move your cursor to see if it gets bigger or shakes
Without a mouse cursor, navigating on a computer becomes a frustrating and challenging task.
Was this article helpful?